Here are some top tips from Lifeline Aotearoa to help get you through the winter.
- Take up an outdoor activity – fresh air is a mood booster.
- Exercise – 30 mins 3 times a week
- Eat Good quality chocolate – look for high coca bean content to boost serotonin
- Catch some Zzz’s – 7 to 8 hours is about right.
- Install a light box at your desk – boost the amount of light at your desk
- Embrace winter – look at the positives winter brings.
- Change your scents – try spicy aromas like ginger or cardamom