Dr. Bell on ME/CFS Symptom Variation: Illness or Host?

Roughly 70% of the persons I see in the office have a pattern of symptoms that is “typical of” chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). The remaining 30% have variations where doubt can be raised as to the diagnosis. This variation in symptoms is the main reason that researchers may see CFS as a variety of differing illnesses that produce fatigue as a symptom…. But I feel that the vast majority have a single illness, rather than CFS being a mish-mash of different illnesses. The issue here is the debate of illness versus host.

More @ ProHealth

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s